Expect
- means you think or believe
that something is probably going to happen for
sure,
For example: I'm expecting an important phone call.
Look forward to – means
that you feel excited or very pleased about something that is going to happen,
For example: I'm looking
forward to Jaime's party.
Hope – means
that you want something to happen
and you have a good reason to think that it might happen,
For example: I hope it doesn't rain.
Wish – means
that it is impossible or almost impossible that something happens. You feel
sorry or sad about a situation that exists at the moment of speaking.
For
example: I wish I were 20 years younger.
Wait – means
that you are staying in a place without doing so much, until someone comes or
something happens. It is
more a physical action.
For
example: We waited 20 minutes for the bus.
No comments:
Post a Comment